At Scan Halal ("we" "us" "our" or "Scan Halal") we appreciate your use of and contributions to our websites, our mobile app, and our other properties and/or our related services (collectively known as the "Services," or, each individually, a "Service"). Scan Halal respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
In general, Scan Halal uses the information collected from you to communicate with you and operate our Services. Your privacy is important and we are committed to protecting information that identifies you personally, where you have chosen to keep it private ("Personal Information"). We will only share Personal Information that you provide outside the public areas of the Services in the following circumstances:
- Activity and usage logs. We automatically store information related to your use of the Services, such as the products you view or scan on the mobile app, your phone type, IP address, location services, the date and time of your scan. We also log the products you scan, view, and other actions you perform while using the Services. We use this type of information to administer the Services and provide the highest possible level of service to you. We also use this information in the aggregate to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Services.
- Email. If you contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply. When you post messages or comments on the bulletin board, chat room, blog or forum of our Services, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our service provider’s servers.
- Administration. We may use the information described above for routine administrative purposes, such as investigating abuses on the Site, responding to user inquiries and enforcing and applying our Terms of Service and Statement.
- Collection by Third Parties. If you post content ("Public Content") for public view on the Services, we may distribute such Public Content to a wider audience by sharing it (or portions of it) with third parties so that they can publish it on their own websites and media platforms. We may ask them to credit you as the source of these contributions by including your account name and profile photo. We allow you to access third party services, such as Facebook and Twitter, to share your selected Public Content with those services.
- Aggregate Information (non-personally identifiable). We share aggregated demographic and usage information about users of the Services with our business partners, such as food manufacturers, and retail stores. This information does not identify individual users. We do not link aggregate user data with PII.
- Legal Disclaimer. We reserve the right to disclose your PII as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights (or those of our Services users) and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Services.
- Links To Other Websites. If you click on a link to a third party site, you will leave the Services and go to the site you selected. Because we cannot control the activities of third parties, we cannot accept responsibility for any use of your PII by such third parties, and we cannot guarantee that they will adhere to the same privacy practices as Scan Halal. We encourage you to review the Privacy Policies of any other service provider from whom you request services.
- Location Data. Scan Halal can provide you with helpful information based on where you are. If you tell Scan Halal where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send Scan Halal your location), Scan Halal may use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you wish to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE SITE
- Service-related Announcements. We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you a push notification.
- Updating Personally Identifiable Information. If your personally identifiable information changes, you may update it by making the changes in the Scan Halal Services Settings screen. If you wish to delete your account please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
- DATA RETENTION. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- SECURITY. The security of your PII is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personally identifiable information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is perfectly secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.